What does BOPP stand for?
Biaxially-oriented (BO) polypropylene, or BOPP, is a versatile and resilient label material with a white base color. This material is tough and long-lasting, which makes it our most popular material.
Why pick BOPP?
First of all, white BOPP material is water- and oil-resistant. This material will never rip, tear, or come off. When it comes to white BOPP, you have a wide variety of options to choose from for your product labels. This material is great for cosmetic products, spirits, CBD products, stickers, food products, and outdoor products.
In addition, you have the laminate options of high gloss, matte, outdoor lamination, and thermal transfer. Even better, you can embellish this material with foil hot stamp imprints.
BOPP Materials Offered:
- White BOPP (Perm): BOPP is waterproof and more durable than our paper materials, making it a great choice for any indoor application. This white BOPP has a strong adhesive and is meant to last and look good on your product with no fear of the label coming off.
- White BOPP (removable): This white BOPP allows for the label to be removed and/or reused easily, making it a good choice for temporary use labels.
- White BOPP (Super Perm): BOPP is waterproof and more durable than our paper materials, making it a great choice for any indoor application. This white BOPP has an extra-strong adhesive and will not come off your product.
- White Squeezable BOPP: Mostly used on bottles that will be squeezed to dispense products, squeezable BOPP is a thinner poly for pliable containers and tightly curved surfaces like those used in for bath and beauty labels.
- White BOPP Freezer (Perm): Known best for withstanding cold temperatures and holding up in freezer environments. Also, with the ability to adhere to a wide variety of packaging materials, White BOPP Freezer is an excellent choice for many applications, as well as cooler and freezer labels.
- Silver BOPP (Perm): This BOPP variation is used to create a metallic look on foil labels that can add instant visual impact to your product and label.
- Clear BOPP (Perm): A clear variation of White BOPP. This material is completely transparent, letting your product show through the label to create head-turning results.
- Ultra-Clear BOPP (Perm): A clear variation of White BOPP. This material is completely transparent and has a clear liner to ensure a crystal-clear label.
- Clear BOPP (Removable): Similar to Clear BOPP, yet removable, this completely transparent material is ideal for applications in which clear labels will allow your product or surface to show through. This label material also proves to have excellent moisture resistance.
As you can see BOPP comes in a variety of choices for your product labels. It is our most popular material and a lot of our customers have explored with hot stamping on this material as well. Our amazing label experts would love to help you get started on your next label project, contact our label team today!